- Denied (by Peter)
- Spat upon
- Scourged (whipped)
- Nailed to a cross
Remember what Pilate said in John 18:38? "What is truth?" Its a shame he didn't realize "truth" stood before him. But God's plan is perfect in all ways. If Pilate knew that Jesus was truth, he would have let Him go (John 19:4) and there would be no crucifixion. (see John 19:11)
Good Friday - here is some of the "good stuff"
Yet, Jesus, while on the cross:
- made sure his mother Mary was taken care of (John 19:26)
- the one robber was saved and followed Jesus to paradise (Luke 23:43)
- the "veil" was torn in two, straight down the middle, proving it was no longer necessary and that we now had full access to God. (Matthew 27:51)
- the Roman Centurion believed He was the Son of God (Matthew 27:54)
- and ... Jesus prayed for His condemners - the ones who put Him on the cross to die - by saying "Father, forgive them, for they know now what they do." (Luke 23:34)
Now don't be discouraged. Unlike the disciples at the time, we know there is more. More good stuff - great stuff!
Don't forget: Sunday's on the Way!!
Sending Peace & Blessings your way ...