Monday, July 16, 2012

FLinG - July 16, 2012 - Vent Power!


Ok ... I know its been a while since I've been here. I have no excuse - well, I could come up with one, but it would just be an excuse and not really worth mentioning.

But I just had to tell you what happened to me today ................

7/16/2012

Would you mind if I just say, "PRAISE the LORD!!"

I have been doing 1 load of laundry since 5pm (EST). Yes. That time is correct. 4.5 HOURS!!!

The dryer was HOT and tumbling, but the clothes were not getting dry. I sent a text to my brother to see why. He told me.

Clogged Dryer Vent.   Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!   Like I need something else wrong!

So, I ask him, "I can pull out the dryer and check the vent, right?" He says, "you need to check to see if there is any air coming out the other end of the vent, outside." I say, "that vent is UNDER the deck where I can't reach it." He says, "that is what you have to check." I say, "okie, dokie." Totally meaning "YEAH RIGHT!!"

So I pull the dryer out, unplug it, and check the vent. GOOD GRAVY!!!  There was a MASSIVE amount of lint! So I bust out the vacuum cleaner and suck it all up. Well, it took 4 times cleaning out the bucket, but I got it!

So, its just about dark and my clothes are still wet :( I am not happy. Alright, alright ... I'm going to see if I can get to the outside vent.

I am not a crawler or small space lover. The deck is 10x10 and the vent is along the wall of the house - 10 feet away UNDER the deck that is only 11" over the ground. Now I'm a large woman and 11" from top to bottom is just not my cup of tea - seriously. Especially if I have to scoot on my stomach 10 feet away.

Well ... I gotta tell you - I DID IT!!!

I prayed the WHOLE TIME I was down there. And my Jesus laid right next to me.

I discovered the problem - AND I fixed it!! (Well as best I could - It will likely have to be really fixed from under the house - by a professional!!!!!!!)

I shimmied out backwards. Shucked the outer clothes on the deck (in the gazebo). And flew into the shower!!!

Good gravy my Jesus is amazing!!!!

Oh yeah ... I had to turn the ceiling fan up when I was folding the clothes. They were so HOT I was sweating!!!

Thank you Father, for making me to be AWESTRUCK by You today. I could not have done it without You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Lisa! You prayed your way through the obstacles...and wrote a great article to share your story too!

    Christine
    @LifeVerse

    ReplyDelete